InCites™ is a customized, web-based research evaluation tool that allows users to analyze institutional productivity and benchmark output against peers worldwide. InCites is produced by Thomson Reuters and uses bibliographic record and citation data generated from Web of Science, and Journal Citation Reports.
It allows for individual, collective, and institutional data and generating reports for such purposes as:
- comparing individual publication metrics to others in similar fields at different institutions
- analyzing researcher productivity and collaboration activity
- specialisations and subject strengths
- trends and time series analysis
- InCites™ presents a snapshot of data at a particular point in time. You can view when a dataset was last updated by looking in the My Datasets link.
- Coverage is limited to Web of Science and Journal Citation Report data.
- You may need to update/create a ResearcherID to properly manage your publication information.
Though you can access Web of Science and Journal Citation Reports via the Library databases links with your FAN and password, InCites requires an additional registration. You must register with Thomson Reuters to use InCites™.
InCites Training and Support
InCites Training Videos
- InCites Benchmarking & Analytics: Quick Tour
- InCites B&A: How to Evaluate Institutional Collaborations
- InCites B&A: How to Evaluate Regional Collaborations
- InCites B&A: Explore Organizations Introduction
- InCites B&A: Explore Organizations, Part 2
- InCites B&A: Identifying Peer Institutions
- InCites B&A: Explore Research Areas
- InCites B&A: Explore People
- InCites B&A: Explore Regions
- InCites B&A: Save to InCites from Web of Science Core Collection