Get started finding different kinds of information for your research
What are Conference Papers?
- Also from workshops, symposiums etc.
- Papers researchers have produced for conferences are published in what are called conference proceedings
- They can be difficult to find and sometimes not all of the paper is published.
- They are usually distributed as printed volumes or in electronic form. They may be considered as grey literature.
- Proceedings are published in-house by the organizing institution of the conference or via an academic publisher. Sometimes Conference proceedings are published as supplements or special editions of an academic journal.
Why do I need to use them?
- Good for keeping up with very current research in your field.
- Good background information on a subject or area of interest.
How do I find them?
- Library research databases
- Other Libraries/ Libraries Australia/Trove