MDSC1102: Literature review
A guide to assist MDSC1002 students to conduct a literature review for the grant application assignment.
The purpose of a literature review
Reviewing the existing literature on a topic allows the student/researcher to:
- Understand and summarise the major ideas on a subject
- Show an awareness of the scope of research that has already been conducted on a topic
- Emphasise influential research studies
- Identify new and emerging knowledge in an area
- Highlight gaps in the research where new research activity may be warranted.
Search planners for literature review workshop
Your Liaison Librarians
Leila & Raechel Liaison Librarians
Gus Fraenkel Medical Library, Level 5E, FMC
(08) 7221 8882 or (08) 7221 8887Website / Blog PageSkype Contact
Subjects:AUDI Audiology, HACM Health Administration, Health Care Management, HSMT Health Service Management, MDSC Medical Science, MHSC Mental Health Sciences, MMED Medicine, MSKM Musculoskeletal Medicine, NUTD Nutrition and Dietetics, PHCA Primary Health Care, Public Health, REMH Remote Health, SPTH Speech Pathology
Search all our guides.