Systematic review searching
Systematic review workshop activities
Activity 1: Choose one of the systematic reviews from the list below. Look at the review's structure, with particular focus on the methods section.
|Title of review||Organisation||Description|
|Interventions to improve cultural competency in healthcare||Systematic review of reviews|
|Interventions implemented through sporting organisations for increasing participation in sport||Cochrane Collaboration||Systematic review of controlled trials|
|EPPI-Centre||Systematic review and meta-analysis|
|The impact of detention on the health of asylum seekers||Campbell Collaboration||Systematic review|
|Ontario Health Technology Assessment Series||Systematic review and qualitative meta-synthesis|
Activity 2: Test your knowledge
Answer the questions in the following quiz using the Medline database's 'Map Term to Subject Heading' feature.
Activity 3: Using EndNote to manage citations
- Click on this link to run a PubMed search on the topic: Australia's plain tobacco packaging policy
- Click on the 'Send to' drop-down menu and select 'Citation Manager' as the destination
- Change the number of citations to be exported to 100
- Once citations are in EndNote, identify and remove duplicate citations using the Find Duplicates function
- Create a Yes and No group
- Copy some citations to each group
- Retrieve the full text articles for the Yes group using EndNote's Find Full Text function.