ERA: Excellence in Research for Australia
The Australian Government seeks to measure the research quality of Australian Tertiary Institutions through the ERA (Excellence in Research for Australia) process. This process is undertaken every 2-3 years and ranks Australian Universities based upon their research impact and quality through a complex assessment methodology.
The Library provides a range of resources that can be used to help assess quality and impact. These are featured in the Bibliometrics LibGuide, and can assist in answering your questions, such as:
- am I publishing in a quality journal?
- does my journal have an Impact Factor?
- how do I find the relative ranking of a journal within a particular field?
- how many times has my publication been cited?
- how do I track when each of my publications has been cited?
- who else is researching in my area and where they are publishing?
- who are the leading researchers in my field?
Flinders University Library offers a publication support service to research students and staff, including:
- Advice about publishing projects and other ways to disseminate research
- Workshops for Research Higher Degree students and early career researchers
- Individual consultations to researchers at all levels
- Advice for editors of journals, books or conference proceedings
For more information see Publishing your Research
In addition, you can contact your Liaison Librarian for help to:
- identify the best sources for your needs
- search those resources
- identify quality publications for your current research.