MDSC1102: Literature review
A guide to assist MDSC1002 students to conduct a literature review for the grant application assignment.
The purpose of a literature review
Reviewing the existing literature on a topic allows the student/researcher to:
- Understand and summarise the major ideas on a subject
- Show an awareness of the scope of research that has already been conducted on a topic
- Emphasise influential research studies
- Identify new and emerging knowledge in an area
- Highlight gaps in the research where new research activity may be warranted.
Search planners for literature review workshop
Search all our guides.